more hurd problems

Dear all,

	After changing the type of my hurd partition to linux native
(which should be in the documentation somewhere, as this is non-obvious),
I managed to get as far as typing
boot
but then things go wrong:

NCR53c406a: no available ports found
EATA0: address 0x1f0 in use, skipping probe.
EATA0: address 0x170 in use, skipping probe.
NE*0000 ethercard probe at 0x300: 00 4f 4c 03 ca 8a
eth0: NE2000 found at 0x300, using IRQ 3
eth1: D-Link DE-600 pocket adapter, not at I/O 0x378
D-Link DE-620 pocket adapter not identified in the printer port
eth1: wrong Hardaddress
com0: at atbus 0, port = 3f8, spl = 6, pic =4. (DOS COM1)
com1: at atbus1The device below will clobber IRQ3.
You have two devices at the same IRQ
This won't work. Reconfigure your hardware and try again.
com1: port = 2f8, spl = 6, pic =3.

And things stop there :(

Looking at my linux dmesg, the following crops up:

<Just after failing to find any SCSI cards>
PPA: unable to initialise controller at 0x378, error 2

<a bit later>

lp1 at 0x0378, (polling)

tty00 at 0x03f8 (irq=4) is a 16550A
tty01 at 0x02f8 (irq=3) is a 16550A

as further info, I have a Yamaha OPL3 card which is unconfigured (as it
seems you need a 2.1.x kernel or a set of non-free drivers to get it to
work), the NE2000 network card, a printer (working), and an ATI graphics
card in the AGP slot.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Matthew