Re: problem installing deb packages

Hi!

>>>>> Rafael Caetano dos Santos writes:

 RCdS> I'm sending this message again because nobody ansered it, and
 RCdS> maybe it was because I had provided no subject. I apologize for
 RCdS> the insistence.

[Sorry for the delay...]

 >> In order to run dpkg, I had to create the tree var/lib/dpkg under
 >> the Hurd root partition, and some empty files under it, namely:
 >> available status updates/ (an empty directory).

I also created a `var/lib/dpkg/info' directory.

 >> I've installed gnumach, hurd and glibc packages successfully.
 >> However, I get the following message when trying to install
 >> base-files, shellutils and textutils: dpkg (subprocess): unable to
 >> execute new pre-installation script: No such file or directory

I get this message too.

It looks a lot like a bug with dpkg, but I don't know what is
happening.  It is too bad that dpkg doesn't ever tell you *where* the
`No such file or directory' was, or I'd have some idea of what to look
at next.

Perhaps you should file this as a bug against dpkg,

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)