Re: I want to try HURD

Hi!

>>>>> Rafael Caetano dos Santos writes:

 RCdS> Hi, I'm a Debian user and I want to try HURD, but I don't want
 RCdS> to download the whole GNU-0.2 package -- it's too big.  I
 RCdS> downloaded Mach & HURD sources some months ago, but I have to
 RCdS> reconfigure gcc in order to cross-compile it, and I think it
 RCdS> would be a bit messy (maybe I'm wrong).

Yup, it's still pretty messy.

 RCdS> What should I do?

I'm trying to put together a glibc-2.1 package for Debian GNU/Hurd,
and when that's finished we should gain a lot more momentum.  That's
about the only Hurd-related thing I'm working on right now, but when
that part is done, I'm sure there'll be a worldwide sigh of relief. ;)

 RCdS> (BTW, it seems that there's a circularity in
 RCdS> www.gnu.org/software/hurd, which points to
 RCdS> www.fig.org/software/hurd, which points to www.gnu.org...)

Could you be more specific about the problem you see... I thought that
I've fixed all the circularities.

 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)

Copyright (C) 1998 FIG.org; the creator offers you this gift and wants it
to remain free.  See http://www.fig.org/freedom.html for details.
  This work may be copied, modified and distributed under the GNU General
  Public License (GPL).  See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.