A couple of debian/hurd questions

I'm cross posting this to help-hurd and debian-hurd.
Probably bad form, but there is so little trafic on either list, I'm
trying to convince myself that others are still interested in HURD.

I just started a new hurd installation on a zip disk. It's only 96meg,
but I figure it'll do for the root partion, and I can probably store
source etc, in a directory on my linux /usr/local partion after I've
booted the hurd.

I installed the ghhk. Straight forward, except I didn't know what
changes if any to make from step5 of the ghhk INSTALL;

5) Copy /gnu/boot/servers.boot.in to /gnu/boot/servers.boot and edit
it to reflect your machine's configuration.

What changes do I make here. A pointer to some more documentation
would be good. I made no changes and it booted!

Booting off the GRUB boot disk works fine. I notice two error, neither
of which seem fatal.

hurd/init seems to be missing the /dev/console and /libexec/rc.

The console I haven't created, yet, I think I saw a reference to
creating devices somewhere.

The /libexec/rc, I have no idea about. I assume it's a script to start
some processes in the startup?

Next I installed the tar ball of dpkg that I found at.
http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marcus.Brinkmann/

None of the dpkg commands work. The system locks up with the following
error, libdpkg.so.0.0 object file: no such file or directory.

Finally a GRUB question. I can't seem to boot my linux partion from
GRUB. The kernel starts alright, but then there is a VFS panic, as the root
file system cannot be mounted. I think this is because I boot of the
first scsi disk not ide. I have the following line (bios=0x80) in my
lilo.conf

boot=/dev/sda
root=/dev/sda2
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
append="mem=128M"
timeout=50
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=20
disk=/dev/sda
bios=0x80
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.1.116
label=linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.1.115
label=linux115
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.35
label=linux35
read-only

I like GRUB much better than lilo, and would like to use it to boot
both operating systems. If it's possible, it would probably make the
shift from a linux to linux & hurd dual boot system, much easier.

Failing that, is there any reason I can't boot hurd using lilo?

--
Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 3pm - 1am