A bit more info...

Hello,

you'll notice that the perl version distributed with gnu-0.2 is not
compatible with the dpkg scripts. You'll need to add

@fowner(0,0);

on top of the files dpkg-{shlibdeps,gencontrol,distaddfile} to make them
work.

You'll notice the following problems, too:

dpkg-shlipdeps
==============
shlibdeps will complain abput ldd (indeed, ldd will hang your machine if
executed). Replace ldd with a short shell script:

#!/bin/sh
echo " statically linked"

Note the leading space in the string, it is important to match the regular
expression.

dpkg-source
===========
dpkg-source, invoked either with the -x or -b option, seems to hang the
machine (could someon verify that it not just needs a long time?). I didn't
debug it yet, so I don't know what's happening. Somebody else, please?

dpkg-deb -b
===========
Everytime I try to build a package with "dpkg --build" or "dpkg-deb -b", it
aborts, because the subprocess "gzip -9y" gets signal Segmentation Fault.
This is hard to debug inside gdb, because gdb crashes. (Damn modularization
of dpkg :) Somebody with debugging experiences should look into this, so we
get an idea what is happening there (seems to be in libc.so, maybe
threading of hurd -- I had compilation warnings about this).

Overall stability
This maybe related to the two errors above: We need latest libc versions
as fast as possible. We need a working linker. If someone has a bit time,
lots of disk space and a good net connection, please compile libc6 and ldso
(probably with debugging symbols) and latest perl.

Okay, so far,