Re: New GHHK is released

Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> writes:

>  SVD> Do we really need a cross-binutils?
>
> Not if your native binutils already generate ELF.  This is the reason
> why then new GHHK doesn't have a cross GCC or a cross binutils,
> instead it just has a `make-cross' script.

What does this say about binary compatibility?  (Or porting?)

I don't have a clear picture of the porting issues... it seems like
programs that don't talk to the kernel should "just work".  It might
be worth explaining this on the web pages... basically a "what to
think about when porting stuff to the Hurd" document.

Andrew