New GHHK is released

Hi!

I'm pleased to announce a mostly-working version of the GNU Hurd
Hacker's Kit.  I was able to spend some time in testing, and now it at
least boots.

You can get it from:

<URL:http://www.fig.org/software/hurd/ghhk.html>

I took advantage of `strip -x' and the fact that Linux native
compilers generate ELF code that works on the Hurd to get the kit down
to 4MB in size (as compared with gnu-0.2, which is 71MB).

However, there are some problems in the runtime environment which
cause general flakiness.  So, the current GHHK is a convenient
cross-compilation environment, and not much more.

Rather than fixing the old sources, I will be spending time on getting
glibc-2.1 and more recent Hurd snapshots to work.  As per Grant
Bowman's suggestion, I will also be renaming the packages to be
`i386-gnu-*', to reflect that they are not Pentium-specific.

Have fun,

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)

Copyright (C) 1998 FIG; the creator offers you this gift and wants it to
remain free.  See http://www.fig.org/freedom.html for details.
  This work is copylefted and may be copied, modified and distributed
  under the GNU General Public License (GPL); it comes with absolutely
  NO WARRANTY.  See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.