Re: Interrupting a schroot session

> On 1/5/22 10:57, Tommi Höynälänmaa wrote:
>> Thanks. Another issue: I ran emacs in a schroot session and left the computer
>> for about 15 minutes. When I was away the terminal running the schroot session
>> and emacs hanged and it did not respond to any keyboard input. Do the ssh or
>> schroot sessions in panama go "sleeping" if you are away from the terminal for
>> a while?
>
> That sounds like an SSH configuration issue. We have to ask Helge to tune the
> configuration values for the timeout.

Do you have any recommendation and to which values?
But I'm not convinced that the issue is on panama in that case.
Yes, it's a slow 1-CPU machine, nevertheless this shouldn't happen that fast.
I assume you didn't ran emacs in a screen session, so there are many possibilities,
e.g. the network connection timed out in various router on it's way.

> FWIW, there is going to be a new, faster hppa machine located in Switzerland in
> the near future and I hope we can set it up as a porterbox if Helge agrees.

Sure, a faster porterbox would be great :-)

Helge