Re: Interrupting a schroot session

Hi Tommi!

On 1/5/22 10:57, Tommi Höynälänmaa wrote:
> Thanks. Another issue: I ran emacs in a schroot session and left the computer
> for about 15 minutes. When I was away the terminal running the schroot session
> and emacs hanged and it did not respond to any keyboard input. Do the ssh or
> schroot sessions in panama go "sleeping" if you are away from the terminal for
> a while?

That sounds like an SSH configuration issue. We have to ask Helge to tune the
configuration values for the timeout.

FWIW, there is going to be a new, faster hppa machine located in Switzerland in
the near future and I hope we can set it up as a porterbox if Helge agrees. This
should also reduce the latency when connecting from Europe and the faster CPU
should make the usage less painful.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz