Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-10

On Apr 12, 2019, at 9:19 PM, Meelis Roos <mroos@linux.ee> wrote:

>>> All defaults so it was standard install. did not do anything more, booted without interacting with IPL.
>> Then this is extremely strange and unexpected. There must be a hppa-specific hack in
>> one of the installer components which breaks this.
>> At which step are you seeing the error message regarding Buster? Does it install
>> the base system? Does it show up after asking for the mirror to install extra
>> components?
>
> It happens during "Download installer components", before detecting the disks etc.

Wait a minute, are you using the NETINST CD image or the netboot image for TFTP boot?

The installer components are not supposed to be downloaded when performing a NETINST installation as the installer components are shipped on the CD

It’s a bit confusing but NETINST is actually less a network installation but more a CD installation.

I have the impression that there is actually a netboot installation going on.

>>> The keyrings files:
>>>
>>> # find / -name '*gpg*'
>> You should look under /target, not in the installer's chroot.
>
> There is no /target yet.

Then there is definitely something broken specific to hppa. The NETINST CD normally ships everything to perform a basic installation without a network connection.

Adrian