Rp3440 && kernel && Buster && ispconfig && buildd info.

Thanks for the help Dave, the machine states that it’s a rp3440 but does require a license to activate the other cpus. According to wurth who I brought it off, it once had a license for all four cores, they can’t help as they lost everything for it paperwork wise. Was brought in 2008 run for 3 months then deactivated and not powered up till 11 years later.

Question time.

If all is lost then that is what it is, was going to setup as a buildd server so glad it will be able to at least do that. Question what would the best kernel and parameters to run on a single core machine to give better performance. Currently running buster distro  kernel version 4.19.0-5-parisc64-smp

I am looking at another rp3440 which Ive seen the cpu info and it runs all four, is a firmware clone a possibility?

When the extra ram arrives and some 300gig drives I’ll put the rp3440 in a colo as a buildd instance. What are the ideal specs and is the /srv directory the main building area.

Would bad ram cause a kernel panic on 4.19-05 but not on an early stretch kernel??

A quick update on buster I’m sorting out the net installation cds and should be ready tomorrow.  The CD and DVDs work as expected.

I’m currently working on getting ispconfig working on hppa servers which is an excellent fit for our architecture since they run forever.

Mike Hosken

Sent from my iPhone