Re: debian-hppa on a C8000

Hi Helge,

thanks for the answer. Something must have gone wrong here. I've repeated the upgrade and now it works! I did save the disk partition images directly after the installation and before the upgrade. I cloned them to a different disk and repeated the update/upgrade. This time it was successful and it still works after a reboot. I will now try to reinstall R300_cp.bin and see what happens.

BTW, I've seen, that the UUID of the root partition is hard coded in the kernel command line in the first MB of the disk. To avoid problems with duplicate UUIDs, I've changed the partition UUIDs of the cloned disk and therefore the boot loader didn't find the root partition. I've changed it directly on the disk, but what is the "official" way to change the parameters of the boot loader?

Lothar