Re: Have my PA8800 back online...

On 2017-12-03, at 1:45 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 10:41 AM, Carlos O'Donell
> <carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
>> Does this mean the hardware is likely dying?
>>
>> I can switch everything over to my last 74GiB disk.
>
> Anyone have a good place to buy replacement disks?

Helge has bought quite a few used drives on eBay in Germany.  That's not so easy in Canada
as many sources don't ship to Canada.

I've bought several 300GB 10K drives from harddrives.ca:
http://harddrives.ca/u320_search_seagate.php?&categories_id=124&manufacturers_id=13&keywords=300GB+10K
They have a warehouse in Ottawa.  Had one fail and it was replaced.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net