Re: HP RP8440 Server - Superdome

Hi,

all I know about the System ist that it has a cellboard based
architecture, and that there was never enough documentation released
that the according memory management could be programmed in Linux.

So probably this will not work.

May be on an physical partition level, there might be a chance, since
the single cellboard is pretty similar to the L-Class.

I personally would try to get the partition management on the RP
running and install one partition HP-UX and then try to work with
linux on an additional partition. Everything else would be rather
sporty.

Best regards.

--
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  In
practice, there is.

My Blogg: http://www.mybenke.org