Aw: Re: Bad LIF Image Error on Install for C8000 and J6750

> On 09/02/2014 04:25 PM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> > Helge Deller wrote:
> >> In the meantime I inserted the same CD into one of my rp5470 machines and
> >> tried to boot it, and it failed like this:
> >> Boot IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 2
> >> IPL error: bad LIF magic.
> >> Error Reading IPL
> >> [...]
> >> So, I assume that if a HP machine has a DVD-drive, you need to burn the
> >> image to a DVD-disc.
> > This is quite strange. The SCSI commands for reading CD and DVD
> > are the same. (ATAPI at IDE transmits SCSI commands too.)
> > About any DVD drive can read CD.
> Yeah - I thought the same.
> I just tested the CD disc in the DVD drive of my C8000 and it booted ok
> from it.
>
> Drive type   : vendor 'HL-DT-ST' product 'DVD-ROM GDR8163B' revision '0B26'
> Profile      : 0x0010 (DVD-ROM)
> Profile      : 0x0008 (CD-ROM) (current)
>
> Nevertheless, the CD-disc has problems in the DVD-drive of my rp5470.
> I can look up the DVD-drive details tomorrow.
>
> Btw, in my C3700 I have a IDE CD-ROM: CD-532E-B

And this is the DVD drive in the rp5470 which has problems reading the CD-RW:
# xorriso -outdev /dev/sr0 -list_profiles
Drive type   : vendor 'HP' product 'DVD-ROM 305' revision '1.01'

googling for "HP DVD-ROM 305" gives me:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-9000/DVD-ROM-305-supports-which-types-of-DVD/td-p/3506773#.VAbTnESKnZ8
and there someone wrote:
I've had issues with the HP DVD-ROM reading CD-RW and CD-R discs. It refuses to read CD-RW, and sometimes a CD-R will not mount, and simply reply with "device is busy."

Helge