Re: PARISC Linux website and status update

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM, John David Anglin <dave.anglin@bell.net> wrote:
> On 4/24/2013 9:18 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> So, sorry for forgetting to mention GENTOO LINUX on the website!
>>> I've fixed it now (please wait one hour until the cron job activates the
>>> changes).
>>
>> I'm using Gentoo for all my hppa hacking right now since I wanted to
>> focus on toolchain issues rather than distribution issues :/
>
> I have to say one learns a lot about toolchain issues building a
> distribution...

Absolutely. That doesn't detract from needing a stable environment
to build and test with, which gentoo provides.

> Have you played with mysql-5.5?  Testsuite appears to show some
> glibc problems (pthread_cond_timedwait).  Thoughts?

What glibc version?

We use the generic pthread_cond_timedwait implementation.

The only thought I have is that pthread_cond_timedwait in master
might try to use PI-aware mutexes and we haven't had much testing
of the PI support in hppa. So there might be some issues to review
there. I'll run the mysql-5.5 testsuite to try validate some of the
cleanup I have planned.

Cheers,
Carlos.