Re: New install on HP C3750

On 12/10/2012 2:16 PM, Hartwig Atrops wrote:
I installed a minimum system from CD, and then I put the debian archive mirror
in my /etc/apt/sources.list. This way you still can install packages from the
internet - but since they are Lenny packages, they aren't up to date, of
course.
It is possible to upgrade to unstable by adding debian ports to /etc/apt/sources.list. sparc is still an official port and this probably indicates that it still has a buildd. Some care is needed in updating. Typically, one needs to update binutils, gcc, glibc and perl first.

http://www.debian.org/ports/

Dave

--
John David Anglin    dave.anglin@bell.net