Re: Where are now the APT sources for debian-hppa ?

On 4/5/2012 11:07 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Jean-Pierre HOFER
<jph@stephenson.dhis.org>  wrote:
since yesterday, the APT sources for debian-hppa seems to be no longer
valid :

http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Packages [ERROR]
  404 Not Found [IP: 212.211.132.32.80]

http:://ftp.fr.debian.org lenny/main Packages [ERROR]
  404 Not Found [IP: 212.27.32.66 80]

etc.

Where are now the debian-hppa lenny depositories ?
I believe that the lenny repositories were removed recently.  Had the same
problem last night.

I made copies of the hppa lenny CDs a couple of weeks ago.

We have been moving hppa to debian-ports infrastructure.

Where are now the debian-hppa testing and unstable distributions available ?
Unfortunately we aren't yet fully setup in the debian-ports
infrastructure so the archive in the debian-ports infrastructure is
just a static snapshot which isn't changing.

We are working on it. Sorry for being slow :-(
There are no hppa repositories for testing. debian-ports has unstable packages up to the point the hppa buildd was shutdown. These are about a year old. The source archives are still in the standard locations and individual packages can be built manually.

I have personally built many unstable source packages. Many of the kernel and toolchain issues that caused problems have been resolved. I have updated a system at ESIEE with the latest tools, and have schoots installed to restart buildd. However, there are still some issues with the setup remaining to be resolved (e.g., wanna build
interface and upload).  This will start with unstable.

Additional volunteer help would be appreciated.

Dave

--
John David Anglin    dave.anglin@bell.net