Re: ftpmaster@debian-ports.org

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 01:36:27PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> wrote:
> >> I know this, what about uploading manually built packages?
> >
> > It's not a decision of the debian-ports admin, but rather from the
> > hppa porters, and what are the policies for their port. Please see with
> > them.
>
> Is this something that I can help with?
>
> If I understand correctly:
>
> (a) Domenico wants to be able to upload manually built packages to hppa archive?

Yes.

> (b) To do (a) Domenico would have to be setup in the debian-ports
> system and allowed to upload manually built packages?

Yes, his GPG key would have to be added to the debian-ports keyring.

> (c) hppa porters should nominally authorize Domenico to do (b)?

Yes. In Debian the packages should be built by the autobuilders and not
by humans, except for some cases like initial upload or porter upload.
This is something decided by the ftpmaster and the release managers.

For debian-ports each team of porters should decide that. I am fine with
whatever solution, just don't want to deal with requests from individuals
I don't know if I should trust or not (in this case, Domenico
is Debian developer, so it's a bit different). I would like such requests
to come from a single person or a small team of persons.

Cheers,
Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73