PA8800/8900 status & HPPA for Squeeze

Being a great fan of HPPA (these machines just last forever) I have the
opportunity to pick up a cheap C8000.  I noticed a few notes about
instability of Linux with PA8800/8900.  The most up-to-date reference I
could find, though, was for kernel 2.6.22.  Is instability on this
platform still a problem?  If it is, does anyone have a sense on whether
or not this is likely to be resolved?

On a separate note, I remember when HPPA was in jeopardy for Lenny that
people were then saying forget about HPPA for Squeeze.  However, I note
that HPPA is still on the architectures list, albeit with a few weak
spots.  Is it likely that we'll see HPPA officially in Squeeze?

Any info would be appreciated.

	Kurt Fitzner