Re: Bit from the Release Team: Status of hppa

Le 23 sept. 10 à 07:05, dann frazier a écrit :

I don't have a complete list, but here's the things that pop to
mind.

First off, we need to figure out where to host it. We could
potentially have a squeeze-hppa release on the official debian
mirrors, or use debian-ports.org. We'll need to talk to ftpmaster &
debian-ports maintainers to see which is most appropriate.

In addition, we'll need to work with the d-i team to make sure we have
a usable installer - as well as the debian-cd team to make sure we can
generate ISO images, though we may end up having to generate images
ourselves.

We'll also need to keep doing the things we do today - fixing
hppa-specific issues, keeping buildds running, etc. Documentation,
test installs and lenny upgrade testing would be needed too.

I think it's been sufficiently documented on this m-l that hppa is/was in a releasable state (d-i works, upgrade works, etc) so this is mostly moot, and the cause of my personal disinterest for Debian given the way things were handled.

Post-release, we'll need to have a plan for continued updates for
squeeze security updates & point releases.

Besides making sure we build and update our "hppa-squeeze" release with whatever DSA uploads to security (which can probably be scripted somehow), is there anything else specific?

If we have interest here, it would probably behoove us to pull
together an IRC meeting with members from various subteams to assess
the full scope.

T-Bone

PS: the autobuilder Lafayette is dead, and I see little reason to replace it with whatever hardware I could muster.