Re: 9000/785/C8000 - turn off boot console ttyB0

Geert Lorang wrote:
> The thing I find a bit strange is why I always get the message "turn off
> boot console ttyB0"?
> Shouldn't the message be something like "console handover: boot [ttyB0]
> -> real [ttyS0]" ? Now it looks like it disables the boot console but
> won't enable another console.

But it *does* enable another console. It enables tty0.

I'm afraid I don't really know how you can force the use of ttyS0 as
console. Apparently the kernel is giving preference to what the firmware
tells it over the boot parameters you pass.

What is the firmware setting for "Console path" on your system?
On my headless system (a 9000/785/J5600) it is [1]:
   Console path:         SERIAL_1.9600.8.none

And my boot log (2.6.32-3-parisc) says exactly what you'd like to see [2]:
   console [ttyS0] enabled, bootconsole disabled

Maybe you'll have better luck asking about this on the HPPA kernel
development list: linux-parisc AT vger.kernel.org.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] I get that using the "COnfiguration" menu, followed by "BootINfo".