Re: gcj port to hppa...

> > There's similar code in libstdc++.
>
> Where? I'll fix that case too.

config/cpu/hppa/atomicity.h.  On linux, we probably want to use
config/cpu/generic/atomicity_builtins/atomicity.h.  However, I'm
not sure the current configure checks work correctly for library
implementations.

On hpux, we probably should switch to using
config/cpu/generic/atomicity_mutex/atomicity.h and get rid of the hppa
specific implementation.  Originally, there wasn't any locking in the
generic code.

> BTW, the gcj problem looks like a missing _STACK_GROWS_UP case in boehm-gc.
>
> >> Oh, that's a perefect idea, I wasn't sure that libjava could make use
> >> of those atomic builtins.
> >>
> >> Doesn't this restrict the gcc version you can use to rebuild libjava?
> >> Is that OK?
> >
> > In my opinion, yes.
>
> Is that OK?

I can approve any change that is hppa specific.  There's also a precedent
in the arm implementation.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)