Re: gcj port to hppa...

> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 1:40 PM, John David Anglin
> <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca> wrote:
> >> The gcj port to hppa uses a locking implementation
> >> (libjava/sysdeps/pa/locks.h) which is not signal safe.
> >
> > Yes. =A0Is this the gcj problem that you were seeing with nptl?
>
> No it is not, but I noticed this during my investigations. I might as
> well fix it while I'm poking about.

There's similar code in libstdc++.

> Oh, that's a perefect idea, I wasn't sure that libjava could make use
> of those atomic builtins.
>
> Doesn't this restrict the gcc version you can use to rebuild libjava?
> Is that OK?

In my opinion, yes.

> >> Does locks.h also need to work for HPUX?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> OK, how do I write conditional code for HPUX vs. Linux?

Check __linux and/or __hpux.  Look at the arm code.  It looks
like they have done this.  So, you should just be able to copy
what they have done.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)