Re: Status update on NPTL

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 10:17:14AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> I've been investigating the crashes, but because of problems with gdb
> and strace I've had to take it slow. Kyle, I have your recent strace
> patches in my queue to test. Thanks for that.

Which ones? It would be good if some heavy debugger users could test the
changes in the tracehook branch with coredumps... I'll try to do a build
of strace using PTRACE_{GET,SET}REGS instead of PEEK & POKE for extra
testing there as well, but it seems to be working well enough for me.

> I've been building up a test case, and I can debug a simple nptl
> threaded application with gdb.
>
> The crashes in xterm using the new nptl libraries appear to be the NSS
> modules (dynamically loaded modules).
>
> I've augmented the testcase to use NSS, but I can still successfully
> debug an nptl threaded application that uses NSS.
>
> I have a couple more ideas to test, but after that my next step is to
> rebuild xterm with debugging symbols and dig in to figure out exactly
> what's crashing.

Cool. Congrats!

regards, Kyle