Re: debian-hppa port support

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Luk Claes<luk@debian.org> wrote:
>> I'll build this by hand to inspect why it fails.
> Great, thanks already!

I get consistent lockups in python when trying to build petsc, the
lockup happens during configure and while python is running the
equivalent of pthread_cond_wait. It looks, but I haven't verified,
like a similar situation to ruby, where the semantics of Linuxthreads
vs. NPTL are different enough that the newer python2.5 code is
unreliable under Linuxthreads. I don't know how m68k keeps up without

I'm going to stop debugging petsc, ruby, and python for now, and I'm
going to instead focus on producing a libc6 deb (with NPTL) which I
can put into my sbuild chroot.

After I have a libc6 deb with nptl, then I'll bubble back up to see if
I can build ruby and python and look at their testsuite failures.

After that I'll bubble back up to petsc.

If you have any better suggestions, please share them.