Re: Boost build failure on hppa

[ Please Cc me as I'm not subscribed to the list. ]

On 2009-05-14, Steve M. Robbins <steve@sumost.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 05:37:36PM +0200, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
>> On 5/12/09, Steve M. Robbins <steve@sumost.ca> wrote:
>> >
>> >  No other arch failed to copy these files, and the previous build (-5)
>> >  on hppa [2] exhibited no such trouble.  The only difference between
>> >  -5 and -6 is a debian/control change to a conflicts specification.  I
>> >  blame the build daemon.  Can someone have a look?
>>=20
>> indeed it built successfully on my hppa box.
> Thanks, Domenico.
> Could the powers-that-be please reschedule boost1.38 on hppa?

Please Cc debian-wb-team@lists.d.o next time.

I just discovered this mail by chance.  I rescheduled it yesterday in order
to get more build material for a "new" hppa buildds (paer)[*] and it built
successfully.

Sadly, in other news, paer suffers from random segfaults, too.  This makes
building quite unreliable, but at least the machine does not crash like
our other buildds (peri and penalosa) do.  It would be nice if someone
could debug this, as it makes buildd maintainance fairly unpleasant.

(In this case the buildd is freely accessible for DDs but still that does
not help much because it's random.  We saw more segfaults in unstable
builds than in stable and oldstable builds.  Does that mean that the glibc
in unstable could have its hands in the game?  If so, the sid chroot
on the porter machine could be used for data gathering.)

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern

[*] Which is actually also our porterbox.