Re: hppa in danger of being ignored for testing migration and eventual removal

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Thibaut VARENE <varenet@debian.org> wrote:
> The only issue I've been aware of so far was the ruby build problem.
> If there are others, they need more publicity I think. OTOH, ISTR
> Carlos said most of the problems could go away with the transition to
> NPTL. Might be worth a try...

NPTL has been around for long enough that applications are beggining
to rely on the newer more correct signal delivery semantics. In these
cases switching to NPTL will help. Ruby has several assumptions about
correct signal delivery which should be fixed by NPTL. However, this
does not fix all the problems with ruby.

I do not intend to fix ruby right now, but instead focus on more stable kernels.

> I would blame recent failures on failure to build kernel, maybe?
> AFAICT there was the phonet issue (fixed since then) and it seems
> recent kernel builds fail to link the btrfs module...

Is this a toolchain issue?

Cheers,
Carlos.