Re: hppa in danger of being ignored for testing migration and eventual removal

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> wrote:
> * What is the status of the different porting efforts?

Is there a list of different porting efforts?

> * Has progress been made regarding the thread library migration?

The thread library migration code is complete, and passes the
testsuite without regression, including a bespoke testsuite I wrote to
verify the compatibility code works.

I've sent the first round of patches to Aurelien Jarno (debian-glibc)
for integration, but after discussion it was determined that we would
transition to NPTL when glibc releases 2.10 (in about a week).

> * Has progress been made regarding proper java support?

What is considered proper java support? GCJ?

Dave, have you tinkered with GCJ lately?

> * The machines that host the buildds still seem to have a very
> unreliable kernel. Is there any update on this?

I can't comment on this.

I run stock: linux-image-2.6.26-1-parisc64-smp (2.6.26-13)
on my SMP 2x PA8700 system without any problems.

> * The debian-installer dailies that are now built again, but seem to
> fail to build most of the time. Is there any particular reason for this?

No idea. Do you have a log?

> Please make sure to get satisfying answers to all of the above questions
> in the next couple of weeks (by the 11th of May) or we will as a first
> step ignore hppa for testing migration purposes. If you need some more
> time, please let us know, but we're keen to ensure that this doesn't
> drag on too long :)

Cheers,
Carlos.