Re: who actually cares about debian on hppa?

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:54:28AM -0400, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> Informal poll time.
>
> Please only say you care iff,
> 	1 - you are going to fix things
> 	2 - you have time to fix things
>
> Let's not delude ourselves anymore, folks...

What I mostly miss is my hppa box itself, which is located remotely. So
every time I try a kernel that does not boot, I have to find someone
to unplug the power cord. Given that when I have the free time nobody
is there to pull the cord..

Until I fix this, I will be off because of 1.  About 2, it is a constant
lack I have for everything, so I have to manage it anyway.

While I surely am not going to lead the debian hppa port, I hope to be
much more useful in few weeks.

Substantially, we need a working 2.6.26 and glibc.  Today I can handle
a couple of failing boots.  Kyle, I will need your insight.

cheers,
Domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://www.dandreoli.com/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50