Please only say you care iff,
	1 - you are going to fix things
	2 - you have time to fix things

#1:
I just indirectly fixed/added a few things during the last few days which will solve a few current bugs, as well as be able to prevent a few bugs in future: - http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gcc.patches/166978 (gcc built-in locking functions for hppa) - http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-ports/2008-07/msg00010.html (*context functions for glibc on hppa). Both patches are waiting for Carlos to return from vacation on August 2nd. The gcc patch was already taken by JDA and he will feed it upstream after talking to Carlos.

#2:
Currently I do have some time, and invest quite some time. But this will probably change in a few weeks again...

Let's not delude ourselves anymore, folks...

I know I've been rather slow, because I'm suffering from
#2 in spades.

We need to have more people taking initiative on things if
we want to get ourselves together, and if not, we should just
accept that circumstances have changed.

Sadly yes.
I can invest some time now, but it won't work if only 1-2 people do the whole work. We need more people. I have been in contact with Frans Pop regarding his installer problems. I started looking into the issues he mentioned (e.g. udev module loader). I also answered him, that I'm able to do D-I testing on my boxes. So I can help on this.

Biggest problem we currently face is from my point of view the instability of the kernel on SMP machines (esp. on the build servers). This is what annoys debian developers currently most, which I can fully understand. This is something where I won't be able to help without a SMP box (I do not mean, that I would be able to solve the problem even if I had one, but at least I could look into the issue and try to find the cause.) I think if we are able to solve this issue, then I don't see any bigger problem with keeping hppa in stable release.

I personally think it's time to dump hppa from stable releases.

I'm not feeling comfortable saying that yet.
IMHO it depends on how many people stand up now and say yes to your #1 and #2 points...
If there is not much time/willingness, then I'd agree with you.

Helge