Re: NTPL transition

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 7:45 AM, Domenico Andreoli <cavok@dandreoli.com> wrote:
>  I would set NPTL transition as a goal for queeze.
>
> Are we available to agree on a shared path to push new life to this port?
> I mean, this issue will bite more and more frequently, it must be fixed.

I agree. I'm available and willing. I'm just not a DD nor am I
familiar with debians sbuild or buildds.

> I am available to follow the required steps but obviously the more eyes
> the better. This is the first time I work on a big transition like this.

I'm available at OFTC on #debian-glibc. I act as a debian-hppa porter
and help Aurelian when glibc hppa issues arise.

> I think the first packages have to be cross-built, until a minimal
> build system is ready to run on the new libc6.1 (chroot?). Then start
> an archive rebuild. It looks easy, where is the trap? :)

I'm not familiar with the debian build infrastructure, but I am *very*
familiar with libc since I'm the upstream ports maintainer for hppa.

I don't think there is any trap.

Cheers,
Carlos.