Re: hppa in lenny? (Was: Freeze exceptions related to libdb-ruby)

dann frazier wrote:
On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 01:14:01AM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
Adeodato Sim?? wrote:
I just looked into ruby19 on hppa.
The makecontext()/setcontext()/switchcontext() functions which went into libc-ports recently [*2] will not help here. Instead, I think only when at some point the glibc on hppa switches to NPTL, ruby could work.

hey Helge!
 fyi, John Wright and I have had a buildd running w/ an NPTL glibc for
a while, and we're not having any better luck with ruby1.9 builds -
they seem to fail just as before ('miniruby' spinning indefinitely).

In general, I haven't noticed any better or worse behavior between
linuxthread/NPTL buildds.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for testing it! That's interesting. It was always my assumption, that NPTL would fix a few problems. If this is not the case, then it's time to look into the glibc/linuxthreads/NPTL coding again. I'll try to find some time this week to analyze that, but sadly debugging thread-issues is not easy nor really funny :-(

Helge