Re: gfortran transition and lacking hppa autobuilds

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 07:53:17AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> >> Note that circumventing the buildds can mean that your package won't be
> >> security supported on that architecture...
> >
> > hmm.. I am not understanding why. Usually every upload has binary stuff
> > for at aleast one arch, i386/amd64 being the most popular upload arches.
> > This means that i386/amd54 ports are not security supported?
>
> You might want to reread what I wrote...

ok, I expressed badly, I am sure i386/amd64 uploads are security
supported. I am concerned by your "circumventing the buildds _can_
mean that..".

> Besides that normally the maintainer of a package is trusted to be able
> to test the package on the architecture(s) he is uploading...

but this should not have any impact on the security stuff, right?

dom

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://www.dandreoli.com/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50