Re: gfortran transition and lacking hppa autobuilds

Luk Claes wrote:

> As you can see on [2] they are all either in Needs-Build or in Dep-Wait,
> so they are not broken, will be built eventually and don't need binNMUs...

Some of these packages have been waiting to be built on hppa for more
than 30 days.  Is it likely that the hppa buildd situation will improve
in the near future?  The graph at [3] indicates that hppa was slowly
making a comeback but now (as of 2008-04-06) has stalled again.

I (and I'm sure others) would be very grateful if someone who would not
mind building the above packages on their own hppa machine could upload
them, as was apparently done with cernlib [4].

> You might want to look into the Maybe-Failed ones though...
>
>> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/GfortranTransition
>> [2] http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?suite=unstable&p=geant321+mclibs+mn-fit+paw+ghemical+libghemical+scalapack+petsc

[3] http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-week-big.png
[4] see my reply (not yet archived) to my earlier message at
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2008/04/msg00001.html

best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>