Mouse is not working under Gnome

Hi Guys,

it's me again. Unbelievable but true, the culprit was my CD-ROM. The Installation now worked, I simply exchanged the CD-ROM with an older one and voila no problems whatsoever.

But now I've got another question. I also installed Gnome (I'm crazy I know ^^). Gnome works fine so far, the X-Server is starting up properly, but my mouse just won't work. Do you have any idea why that is so?

simmel@goshawk:~$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0001 Product=0002 Version=ab83
N: Name="AT Raw Set 2 keyboard"
P: Phys=2:0:11/input0
H: Handlers=kbd event0
B: EV=120013
B: KEY=4 2000000 3802078 f840d001 f2ffffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: MSC=10
B: LED=7

It looks like the mouse isn't even recognized by the system, am I right? Do I have to install a module for the mouse to work?

Here ist the section of the xorg.conf for my mouse

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

/dev/input/mice does exist

What am I missing here? Any ideas?

Greets,
Simmel

All racists are assholes, everywhere!

You have to know how far to go in going too far!

curiosity is the key to innovation

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx