Re: Unknown device 0x0005f

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 07:56:23PM -0400, Rob Sciuk wrote:
The owner could probably help us out by taking a look at the card in
slot 10/4/12 and seeing what chips are on it, and what connectors it has.

I can photograph it, if you like, how does one determine where slot
10/4/12 is??  I know that there are a couple of mux boards on the back,
but frankly I haven't opened up the box as of yet.  Pointers?

It's been a few years since I looked at the back of a K-class, but I
believe the path '10/4/12' is silk-screened onto the outside of the case
below the slot in question.

The roadmap on the back of the K200 points to the I/O panel, and indeed, the 10/4/12 device appears to be a BNC connecter to the AUI for 10Base2 network adapter (yes, I know, it is ancient -- but it was handy. I'll make up a 10BT cable which can reach the box, and replace the "unknown device" with 10BT). At this point, this unknown device is a red herring IMHO.

The problem persists, however, and it seems unrelated to the unknown device, which is now lying pathetic, and abandoned on the floor of my machine room -- cast into the dust!) and no longer is mentioned in the boot log -- the panic occurs at the same spot, after freeing memory.

Rob.