Re: Request trial build of monotone 0.37-2 with -ffunction-sections and/or -mlong-calls

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 04:37:36PM +0100, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 01:24:10PM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > I'm one of the maintainers for monotone, and version 0.37-2 has failed
> > to build on hppa with linker errors.  The cure for these linker errors
> > is, as best I can tell, to add -ffunction-sections to the CFLAGS, and
> > if that doesn't work, -mlong-calls instead.  Before I make another
> > upload, I'd like to know for certain which of these switches works, or
> > if another solution is needed.
> >
> > Could someone please try building monotone on hppa with these
> > switches?  Note that the program is in a mixture of C and C++; you
> > will need to set both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS (ideally on the configure
> > command line in debian/rules, to mirror what I'll do to it if this is
> > shown to work).
>
> sure, I am downloading it now...

package builds only with -mlong-calls while with -ffunction-sections
still FTBFS.

cheers,
Domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://www.dandreoli.com/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50