Request trial build of monotone 0.37-2 with -ffunction-sections and/or -mlong-calls

I'm one of the maintainers for monotone, and version 0.37-2 has failed
to build on hppa with linker errors.  The cure for these linker errors
is, as best I can tell, to add -ffunction-sections to the CFLAGS, and
if that doesn't work, -mlong-calls instead.  Before I make another
upload, I'd like to know for certain which of these switches works, or
if another solution is needed.

Could someone please try building monotone on hppa with these
switches?  Note that the program is in a mixture of C and C++; you
will need to set both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS (ideally on the configure
command line in debian/rules, to mirror what I'll do to it if this is
shown to work).

Thanks,
zw