Re: problems installing linux-image-2.6.18-4-parisc

Actually I followed the upgrades  through previous distros, first to
sarge and then etch. However I didn't update to the sarge kernel.

On 6/9/07, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
On Saturday 09 June 2007 09:13, Jan Prunk wrote:
> I was upgrading from woody (2.4.17) to etch. The machine is 712/60. It
> worked out, I just have problems updating it with the new etch kernel
> (linux-image-2.6.18-4-parisc).

You probably cannot upgrade directly from woody to etch.
See the release notes for Sarge and etch for a description of the reasons
(incompatibility between new libc and older kernels).

You'll probably have to install intermediate kernels (and possibly
versions of libc) to complete the upgrade.

Cheers,
FJP

| Jan Prunk                                    GPG key: 00E80E86   |
| E-mail: jan@prunk.be     Fingerprint: 77C5 156E 29A4 EB6C 1C4A   |
| http://blog.prunk.be                  5EBA 414A 29F5 00E8 0E86   |