Re: Reg. endianity, 32/64-bit and GCC macros.
On 1/22/07, Kumar Appaiah <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I am the maintainer for thre new package libitpp (source), a C++
library with functions for mathematical operations and signal
processing. Now, the problem is that it doesn't build on HP PA-RISC,
Now, I have contacted upstream, and they want to know the
following. I've tried to do some finding out, but please confirm:
1. Confirm endianity: I guess it is big endian, right?
2. Confirm 32/64-bit: It is 64-bit, right?
3. Is __hppa__ a sufficient macro to confirm this platform on GCC?
1. hppa-linux is a big-endian target.
2. hppa-linux only supports a 32-bit userspace.
3. You can use "__hppa__" to determine you are compiling for hppa-linux.