Re: Fail to install debian on PARISC C110
I hope this helps,
* Version of the kernel you are running (output of the
uname -a command)
- Linux (none) 2.6.8-2-32
* What compiler and linker did you use to build the
kernel? (gcc 3.0.4? 3.2? What version of binutils? Are
- No compile, installation using CD using sarge 3.1r2
* What machine you are booting the kernel on? (712/80?
- HP9000 C110
* Does it have a remote management card?
* Are you trying to use serial console or graphics
- graphics console,
* What kernel command line is palo using?
'0/vmlinux root=/dev/ram initrd=0/ramdisk
ramdisk_size=21384 init=/linuxrc' console=tty0
sti=8/0 sti_font=VGA8x16 TERM=linux
* Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit kernel
* Register dumps,System.map,console output
None, except the whole system crash when loading the
zalon7xx module for zalon SCSI, cannot switch console
using ALT-Functions keys, even when I am in console
mode, whenever the loading reaches the zalon module,
the entire system hangs, only remedy is to reboot.
This happens intermittently, with this message
displayed over and over again "kernel: HP SDC:
Transaction add failed: transaction already queued?"
--- Grant Grundler <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 12:15:58AM -0700, vincent
> young wrote:
> > Loading it would cause the box to crash and
> > needs to be restarted.
> > In the meantime, I will try to get more
> > regarding the this issue.
> If you are willing and able to collect a bit more
> information about
> the symptoms you are seeing, the following URL would
> help you
> organize that:
> Essentially, we need to know which kernel version is
> being used.
> Using a newer Debian installer from here _might_
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around