Re: [parisc-linux] HCRX-24 and missing consoles on my C200

Helge Deller wrote:
Hello Fabio,

On Monday 19 December 2005 19:08, Fabio Bizzi wrote:
Helge Deller wrote:
I just committed a patch to stifb in kernel 2.6.15-rc6-pa1.
Could you please try this one? It works for me... :-)
I'm sorry, but I didn't undestrand if you have fixed my problem with HCRX-24? :)

Probably not.
Your main problem is that you see this message:

STI GSC/PCI core graphics driver Version 0.9a
     id 2bcb015a-9a02587, conforms to spec rev. 8.04
STI init_graph failed (ret -1, errno 258)
sti: probe of 10:8 failed with error 1

"init_graph" is a graphic card firmware function, which seems to not work on your system.
Some HP firmwares have support to "patch" the graphic card firmware before executing "init_graph".
This is probably not the case for your c200.

So, please check if your machine runs the latest HP-C200 firmware.
For this please read the PARISC-Linux FAQ at http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/index.html#PDCupdate ("How can I check if the PDC (firmware) revision is the latest?").

Additionally I will try write some patch-code during the next weeks, which might get your card working even on the C200 and other machines. Stay tuned.
If yes the kernel with your patch is aivailable on cvs.parisc-linux.org or I've to patch the source and compile it?

2.6.15-rc6-pa1 is currently beeing built.
During the next hour I assume it should be finished and you may download it from here: http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/
(I assume a B180 might be close to your c200 ?).

Helge

I'll give it a spin on the B132. The C180 is in storage right now,
though with the cold weather we're having I could justify running
it purely as a heater ;-) That thing really generates some heat
when its chock of 64MB SIMMs.

-Andy