Re: [parisc-linux] HCRX-24 and missing consoles on my C200

Hello Fabio,

On Monday 19 December 2005 19:08, Fabio Bizzi wrote:
> Helge Deller wrote:
> > I just committed a patch to stifb in kernel 2.6.15-rc6-pa1.
> > Could you please try this one? It works for me... :-)
>
> I'm sorry, but I didn't undestrand if you have fixed my problem with
> HCRX-24? :)

Probably not.
Your main problem is that you see this message:

STI GSC/PCI core graphics driver Version 0.9a
     id 2bcb015a-9a02587, conforms to spec rev. 8.04
STI init_graph failed (ret -1, errno 258)
sti: probe of 10:8 failed with error 1

"init_graph" is a graphic card firmware function, which seems to not work on your system.
Some HP firmwares have support to "patch" the graphic card firmware before executing "init_graph".
This is probably not the case for your c200.

So, please check if your machine runs the latest HP-C200 firmware.
For this please read the PARISC-Linux FAQ at http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/index.html#PDCupdate ("How can I check if the PDC (firmware) revision is the latest?").

Additionally I will try write some patch-code during the next weeks, which might get your card working even on the C200 and other machines. Stay tuned.

> If yes the kernel with your patch is aivailable on cvs.parisc-linux.org
> or I've to patch the source and compile it?

2.6.15-rc6-pa1 is currently beeing built.
During the next hour I assume it should be finished and you may download it from here: http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/
(I assume a B180 might be close to your c200 ?).

Helge