Re: [parisc-linux] Re: Trying to install sarge on a C200

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 17:40 +0200, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> On 10/11/05, Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> wrote:
> > > Last time I checked, XFS worked just fine with 2.6.8 kernels and was
> > > broken (especially on 64bit) with >= 2.6.10. I don't know what the
> > > current situation is (as of 2.6.14). Has this been fixed yet?
> >
> > What problems did you see?
>
> The box would die at random, most often during boot time. IIRC, Grant
> and others have experienced that bug, see the following thread:
> http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2005-April/thread.html#26250
>
> HTH,

It doesn't really, thought does it?  Certainly the slab problems are all
due to our floating point register saving issue which is now fixed.
Unless there's still an outstanding XFS bug report after this fix went
in, one has to assume that it's the root cause of the XFS issue as well.

James