Re: Trying to install sarge on a C200

David H. Barr wrote:
Hey Fabio.
 - when you hit the partitioning step, does it accurately recognize
all your drive space?

Yes, only the "fdisk" partition verify reports that a little bit of space is unallocated!

I tried with a 74 GB drive, and the
partitioning setup thought it was only around 1 GB.

Same problem but with a Sun Ultra-1 ;)

 I thought you said you dumped it all into one partition?

Yes, the auto-partitioning has created the following:

sda1 - Palo ~32MB
sda2 - Boot - ext2 ~120MB
sda5 - Logic - / - ext3 - ~35.5 GB
sda6 - Logic - swap -  ~ 720 MB

Values are "recalled" from yesterday night... so please take them not too seriusly! ;)

 - when something similar to this happened to me, I tried with a
smaller drive and it worked fine (have successfully used 4, 9 and 18
GB models, don't have any larger ones to try)

I have only another drive about 4.2 GB, but it is too small for my needs. :(

 - what does your partition table look lilke?

L'll post it next on this screen! ;)

- What devices show up from a SEArch under BCH?

Correct devices are recognized, from sescsi the cdrom and drom fwscsi the HD.

Next steps:

1) Retry install with XFS!
2) Retry install with ext3 and two partition of ~18GB each!
3) Do an HD low level format with a PC and an ADAPTEC 2940UW! and re-start form point 1
4) Throwing the C200, the HD and Debian CDs from the sixth floor! ;)

Thanks a lot! :)

Ciao.

	Fabio.