Re: Trying to install sarge on a C200

Richard Hirst wrote:
I've no idea what's wrong.  Those numbers are in untis of 512 bytes, so
the limit value looks reasonable for a 36G disk.  I have no SCSI disks
that big so if the issue is somehow related to large partitions I
wouldn't see it.

I supposed it too! :(

Presuably sda5 is your root filesystem; does the output of "df -h /"
look sensible, or is the size shown as much bigger than the partition?

The df output is working fine, it shows the correct amount of space (free/used/total) this is the thing that drives me crazy, for the kernel is all OK!!! :(

What happens if during install you specify a partition size of, say,
8G for / and leave the remaining 28G or so unused?

Next Test... Tonight! (with the permission of my wife and my daughter) ;)

Thank you!

Ciao.

	Fabio.