Request for help: upgrade Woody -> Sarge

Hi,

as you all know we are currently near to the release. *g* But there are
still some things which need to be fixed before.

One of these things is the upgrade path for machines running with a
64bit capable HP PA-Risc CPUs. If a HPPA is running woody with a 64bit
kernel, a newer kernel than 2.4.17 (woody distri kernel) is needed by
libc. That's the reason why we provide upgrade kernel. All these things
are described on the release notes at [1] and [2] we are currently
working on.

As i personaly only have access on HPPA C360 which has some wired
firmware, which is only able to _boot_ 32bit kernels, but able to _run_
64 kernels, i needed to recompile the current woody distri kernel 2.4.17
with a 64bit capable compiler and a special kernel option and do the
upgrade tests afterward.

I would like to ensure that i don't have done any mistakes and would
like to ask, if someone with access to a _real_ 64bit HPPA machine could
verify our upgrade path.

Please keep in mind that you need a plain woody installation for that...

Greetings
Martin

[1] http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/hppa/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#s-new-kernel
[2] http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/hppa/release-notes/ap-kernel-upgrade-howto.en.html