Fwd: Re: Two problems on C3000 with latest 2.6.x autobuild kernel

Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:51:27 +0800
To: "Erik Heckers" <erik.heckers@web.de>
From: "J. L. Lee" <jllee@singnet.com.sg>
Subject: Re: Two problems on C3000 with latest 2.6.x autobuild kernel

Hi Erik,

On Problem B - (Don't know exactly I am using RC2 or RC3, how to tell? I am using 2.6.8-2.32 kernel built on 17 May on an HP 9000/785/B2000).

I too came across the same Kernel panic msg. I overcame it by mounting the CD-ROM to /cdrom or /media/cdrom or /media/cdrom0. There is no /mnt although you can see it when you list the root directory - "ls /". But if you do a '"ls -l /mnt" you get "No such file or directory" msg.

Cheers,
JL