Re: Two problems on C3000 with latest 2.6.x autobuild kernel

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 01:50:50AM +0200, Erik Heckers wrote:
> I have also enabled ttyS0 which works (serial cable to another PC).
> When I restart getty on tty1 I get a new login on tty1, so I think the problem is that the
> input of my USB keyboard is ignored somehow.
> According to the 'dmesg' output everything looks ok, the output tells me that the

We've been looking into this, and are not quite sure why it's breaking
because it seems to work in 64-bit mode. It seems something broke between
2.6.12-rc1 and 2.2.12-rc2, but looking through the changesets I cannot find
anything obvious that would effect it.

> A simple
> mount /dev/hda /mnt
> causes a kernel panic.
> /dev/hda is my IDE-CD drive. As far as I have seen the support for IDE-CD is built into the kernel.
> (Again it works fine with RC2-2.4.x  kernel)

That's odd. I suggest you back down to a stabler release like 2.6.11-paN.

Cheers,
--
Kyle McMartin